Welcome to Just Add Lauren

If you are new around these parts, you may want to subscribe so that you won't miss anything! We have new posts added almost every day, so you never want to miss out on the new information and links available. You can Subscribe to Just add Lauren by email (once you click on the link, there is a little blue envelope that offers email delivery) or Follow in Google reader!

Please also remember to take our reader survey while you are here! I want to hear your comments and suggestions!

6/7/10

Money Mondays - Ways to Make a Few Bucks Online



I don't know about you, but I'm probably never going to get rich online. Unfortunately, I am not Mark Zuckerberg  (I'm not quite that computer savvy) and I'm never going to make my millions off the dot com marketplace. Alas, I've come to terms with that!

I have found, however, a few good sources to make a couple extra bucks online. I'm not talking about replacing your 40 hour a week job (I wish!) but just a way to make some money here and there with things that really don't take long at all. The following have been personally tested by me, and I've actually received a paycheck from them, so I know they aren't scams!

Opinion Outpost - I would have to say this is my favorite company to take surveys for. Even though it can be somewhat frustrating at times, because I don't always qualify for the surveys, they email you so many that there are almost always ones in my account waiting to be taken. If I was on top of my game and took them right away, I feel sure I would have made even more money, but so far in about the last month I've made $35.80 with them, which I feel like is a pretty decent amount of money considering the time I spend taking them surveys!

Pinecone Research - I don't get as many of these to take, but they are extremely prompt in their sending of your paychecks, and each survey is a $3 payout. This was the first survey company I signed up for, and I take every survey I get the opportunity for from them!

Swagbucks - I'm relatively new to Swagbucks, although if you have hung around the Blogosphere for any length of time you've probably heard of it. Basically you use their little search bar and you earn "swagbucks" every once and again for using it. You can also earn bucks for signing up for services, shopping online, and tons of other ways. I've been using it for less than a month, and I've made $10 in Amazon gift cards so far, which I absolutely love! I'm planning on saving them up, and either buying Christmas presents with them, or buying something nice for me and my husband! I can't say enough good things about Swagbucks.


These are definitely my top three sites I would recommend, and I'd say you could probably count on making around $60 per month from all three combined (although certainly some people make more!) I like to look at it as my "organics" money - it is money that I'm not counting on in my budget, but its great to have around for extras that we want, or maybe to buy a little organic meat, which is something that isn't usually in my budget.

There are tons more survey companies out there, but I only want to recommend to you the ones I've tried and actually been paid for. I know there are also a lot of scams on the internet, so please be careful in signing up for anything! Be sure to read through the information, and if you don't feel comfortable, don't do it!

Like I said before, I know I'll never get rich doing surveys, but they can be a great source of a little extra spending money. The time they take is minimal, and payout is great to have just that little bit extra (they all pay out very quickly too, which is an added bonus!) Whatever you need the money for - kid's afternoon activities, summer camp, gifts for weddings this summer, father's day gifts, whatever these can be a great way to get that little bit extra.

Do you have any other sites you want to share? Feel free to link up in the comments section. Do you have any tips on ways to make a little extra cash (aside from getting a second job)  =) I want to hear how you make that little bit extra for spending money!

If you do happen to sign up for one of the above sites, I will receive a small referral bonus (except for Pinecone Research - I don't receive anything from them). I would greatly appreciate this bonus, but of course I would never recommend something to you, my wonderful readers, that I haven't personally tried and tested and really believe in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment