Welcome to Just Add Lauren

If you are new around these parts, you may want to subscribe so that you won't miss anything! We have new posts added almost every day, so you never want to miss out on the new information and links available. You can Subscribe to Just add Lauren by email (once you click on the link, there is a little blue envelope that offers email delivery) or Follow in Google reader!

Please also remember to take our reader survey while you are here! I want to hear your comments and suggestions!

4/7/10

Snow Day


It's snowing in Colorado too. Seriously, you might ask. Yes, unfortunately it is not a late April Fool's Day joke. For a person who grew up in the deep south, April to me brings the idea of "April showers bring May flowers," and "Spring has sprung!" Gardens being planted, leaves budding on trees, grass turning green. These are all April events in my book. Colorado, however, has a different idea. Today's forecast is a high of 47 with snow showers lasting through mid morning. I know it could be worse. I could have lived in the Northeast this year, and suffered through a looong winter of plentiful snowfall. I know, I know. The thing is, I don't really mind snow. In fact, I kind of like it. I like snowboarding, and I like having the house all nice and cozy when it is so cold outside. I think the snow is rather pretty. Just not in April. I'm of the belief that winter should really last from around November-March. After that its just unnecessary.
But alas, I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee and watching the snowfall, so I suppose I should enjoy it. At least I didn't bother watering my grass yesterday when it was in the mid 60s and I thought about trying to resuscitate my lawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment