Welcome to Just Add Lauren

If you are new around these parts, you may want to subscribe so that you won't miss anything! We have new posts added almost every day, so you never want to miss out on the new information and links available. You can Subscribe to Just add Lauren by email (once you click on the link, there is a little blue envelope that offers email delivery) or Follow in Google reader!

Please also remember to take our reader survey while you are here! I want to hear your comments and suggestions!

4/11/10

English Muffins

I recently came across this recipe on a blog called "The Happy Housewife." I'm always on the lookout for recipes that I can make that will replace something more processed and packaged that I am eating now. These English Muffins, for example, can take the place in my morning breakfast of a Grands Biscuit or a bagel. I didn't take any pictures, since I figured that the Happy Housewive's pictures were pretty sufficient, but I wholly recommend the recipe. The only changes I made to it were that I used all whole wheat flour, and I cooked the muffins much slower than it sounds like she did. I don't have a griddle, so I was using a non stick pan. I had to turn the heat down a lot (a 3 out of 10 on my electric stove) so as not to burn the muffins but to allow them to cook all the way through. I also had to cut the dough pretty thick, other wise the muffins weren't very substantial. After I got the hang of those small changes, though, they turned out great. And let me just tell you what a wonderful treat they are with my homemade strawberry jelly! yuuuum!

No comments:

Post a Comment