Welcome to Just Add Lauren

If you are new around these parts, you may want to subscribe so that you won't miss anything! We have new posts added almost every day, so you never want to miss out on the new information and links available. You can Subscribe to Just add Lauren by email (once you click on the link, there is a little blue envelope that offers email delivery) or Follow in Google reader!

Please also remember to take our reader survey while you are here! I want to hear your comments and suggestions!

4/30/10

Another Round of Organic Deals!

I just got back from Safeway, where I was finishing up the items that I needed for the week. I ended up spending a little more than I thought I would, because I found some great deals!

Here's a breakdown of what I got and what I paid:

Missions Tortillas x 2 - $3.58
- $0.75 Missions Coupon x 2(available here) and multiplied to $1.00 off
- $0.80 x 2 in-ad coupon for Safeway (special this week), thanks to my wonderful cashier!
Total: Free with $0.02 overage

Organic Almond Milk x 2 - $3.98
- 50% off coupon stuck to the front of the box (reduced for quick sale)
Total: $1.99 for two, or about $0.99 each

Organic Milk x 2 - $5.98
- 50% off stuck to the front of the box because it expires soon
Total: $2.99 for two (!!!)

Organic Eggs x 2 - $6.78
No discounts here, unfortunately, so they were $3.39 per dozen

Total for the whole trip: $11.72. I saved $8.60, which was a total of 42%!

If I wouldn't have bought the eggs, I would have spent only $4.96 and still saved $8.60, which would have been a total of 63%. I needed the eggs though, so they were worth it, and they were actually cheaper than the $3.89 I would have paid for the name-brand organic eggs yesterday at the Commissary if I hadn't had the $2 off coupon (which I don't have any more of). It just shows you that it pays to comparison shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment