Welcome to Just Add Lauren
If you are new around these parts, you may want to subscribe so that you won't miss anything! We have new posts added almost every day, so you never want to miss out on the new information and links available. You can Subscribe to Just add Lauren by email (once you click on the link, there is a little blue envelope that offers email delivery) or Follow in Google reader!
Please also remember to take our reader survey while you are here! I want to hear your comments and suggestions!
For all of us in the north hemisphere, summer has official begun! As I'm sure you've noticed, I love summer. It is such a wonderful time of the year - great, fresh food, lots of activities, new flowers, etc. I don't really see any drawbacks to summer, aside from the fact that we don't have AC in our house, so we are sweltering away!
This week's Work On It Wednesday is a challenge to get outside! The weather is nice, and we all need a little fresh air and vitamin D! That being said, this post is going to be brief because I need to get to workin' on my yard.
Here are some fun things to do outside:
- Roller blading
- Going for a run or walk
- Whitewater Rafting
- Play basketball
- Go to an amusement park or water park
- Dirt-bike or 4 wheel
- Movies under the star (for all my Springs readers, here is a list of movies under the stars)
- Go to a game - minor league or major league baseball is in full swing right now!
- Have a cookout (and share all your real food recipes!)
- Rock Climbing
- If you live near water, swimming, boating, skiing, and scuba diving are all great activities!
- National Parks - some a free on select weekends this summer, so make sure and check that out!
That's all I can think of now, but if you have any great ideas on ways to spend your summer (outside!) I would love to hear them! Especially here in Colorado, where the winters are so long and cold, the summer time is a great opportunity to really enjoy the landscape around you and take advantage of all that your town has to offer. So get outdoors!
I'm reading this: Work On It Wednesday - Get Outside!Tweet this! Posted by Lauren on Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Topics Work On It Wednesday