Welcome to Just Add Lauren

If you are new around these parts, you may want to subscribe so that you won't miss anything! We have new posts added almost every day, so you never want to miss out on the new information and links available. You can Subscribe to Just add Lauren by email (once you click on the link, there is a little blue envelope that offers email delivery) or Follow in Google reader!

Please also remember to take our reader survey while you are here! I want to hear your comments and suggestions!

5/17/10

Money Mondays


I'm really liking the idea of have a series a few times a week, so here goes Monday's series - Money Mondays. In addition to my regular posting, I'll be posting on Mondays about budgeting ideas, ways to save, ideas for frugality, ways to make money, etc.  Especially during these interesting economic times, money seems to be on the forefront of all of our minds. Regardless of how much or how little you make, we can all benefit from money tips and budgeting advice. I am by no means an expert, but in the past few years we have really learned how to stretch a few dollars, so I'll be sharing my own experiences and plans of action.

In addition, I will be updating you with my own monthly budget as it applies to my grocery savings and expenditures. 


I feel like in interest of full disclosure, since I talk so often about food and organics and all, it will benefit me to share my monthly grocery bill with you all. I'm also hoping this will continue to inspire and challenge me to improve my own budgeting and ways to save.  I'm not going to pretend like I am one of those people who is going to blow you away with our grocery budget. I'll lay it out there right here at the beginning - we spend about $400 per month on groceries. However, I will tell you that I feel like we are eating far better quality than we have in the past, and it is a choice that we make to spend that much and eat the way we feel like is best for us.

I love to read about budgeting and ways to stretch your paycheck further. As a non-working spouse in my marriage, I feel like it is my duty to be the best manager of my husband's paycheck that I possibly can be. Since he is in the military, his paycheck is the same every month (except during a deployment) and there is no opportunity for overtime or extra income. I say that only to make the point that the paycheck that we get every month is just that - there is never any more, never any less (this is certainly not a complaint. I feel very lucky to have the stability of the military). Thus, I feel like it is my job to manage this paycheck in the best way that I can, and I hope that I can share some of those tips for my readers!


As always, I would love for you to join me and share you own ideas. What do you do to save money? What is your favorite way to save? Do you focus on frugality in all walks of life, or narrow it down to just a few?

No comments:

Post a Comment