Welcome to Just Add Lauren

If you are new around these parts, you may want to subscribe so that you won't miss anything! We have new posts added almost every day, so you never want to miss out on the new information and links available. You can Subscribe to Just add Lauren by email (once you click on the link, there is a little blue envelope that offers email delivery) or Follow in Google reader!

Please also remember to take our reader survey while you are here! I want to hear your comments and suggestions!

5/24/10

Link Mashup - Great Reads of the Week


As you may have imagined, I spend quite a bit of time on the internet. Much of it is doing blog related stuff - reading articles, finding pictures, writing out posts, etc. Much of it, though, I spend surfing around reading other people's blogs and learning continually about the things that I write about - nutrition, organics, green living, and the like. This past week, I've found a few things that I wanted to share with my readers.  If you have any links you want to share (and yes, they can be from your own blog. In fact, I would love to read your blog!) feel free to leave a link in the comments section and I will most definitely check it out (and maybe even feature it in next week's Link Mashup!)

The Food Movement Rising - Michael Pollan wrote this article for the New York Review of Books. I love Michael Pollan, love the topic, and of course I had to share it with you.

The Changing Price of the Stuff You Eat - Good Blog has a very interesting graph about the changing prices of the foods that we eat. This isn't really an in depth read, but I wanted to share the graph because I found it very interesting which foods had gone drastically up in price and which ones have been reduced.

Community Gardens - Simple Organic had a great article this week about community gardens. It explains what they are, some benefits to having one, details about getting a garden plot, and how you can find a community garden near you. This is a fantastic resource and idea for those of you that are living in spaces that aren't conducive to gardening, but still want to try your hand at growing your own food. I know in my community, there is a community garden that is part of the food bank, and to sign up to have a plot you have to agree to donate a percentage of the food back to the food bank. Check out the link and find a community garden in your area!

Saving Money for the Person Who Doesn't Have Time for Coupons - Frugal Confessions has a great post about ways that you can save money at the grocery/drug store without using coupons. I'm planning on doing a post of my own like this in the future, but this will get you started. I especially like the tip about shopping for clearance items.


Again, I would love to check out your favorite blog posts, so link up! Also be sure and remember to leave me a comment on the Bamboo Tool Set giveaway letting me know that you left me your favorite link, and this will get you an extra entry in the giveaway! Check out the giveaway for more ways to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment