Welcome to Just Add Lauren

If you are new around these parts, you may want to subscribe so that you won't miss anything! We have new posts added almost every day, so you never want to miss out on the new information and links available. You can Subscribe to Just add Lauren by email (once you click on the link, there is a little blue envelope that offers email delivery) or Follow in Google reader!

Please also remember to take our reader survey while you are here! I want to hear your comments and suggestions!

5/3/10

Banana Muffins

This weekend was kind of a festival of cooking, so here is another one to add to the mix! I stumbled upon this recipe from Hoosier Housewife for homemade banana bread, and happened to have some extremely ripe and brown bananas lying around waiting to be thrown away, so I decided to use them right up! 
Here is the recipe as she posted it, with my notes to the side:
Ingredients:
  • 2 c. less 2 T. Flour  (I used 1 c. whole wheat, 1 c. minus 2 T white)
  • 1 c. Sugar
  • 1 t. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 t. Salt
  • 1/2 c. Oil
  • 2 Eggs
  • 3 Very Ripe Bananas
  • 1 t. Vanilla
  • 1/2 c. Nuts (optional) ( I opted out)
Directions:
Sift and mix together dry ingredients. Add oil and eggs, one at a time. Beat after each addition. Add mashed bananas (I put my bananas in the food processor) and vanilla. Fold in nuts , if desired. Pour into pans, bake at 350 degrees, 1 hour for large loaf and about 40 minutes for mini loaves.



I'm less of a fan of the banana bread though, since we have a tendency to not eat it all very quickly, and I am always looking for easy things for my husband to take to work with him, or for us to eat on the go. Thus, I made banana muffins!




I still baked them at 350 degrees, but I baked them for about 14 minutes, or until they were golden brown on top. 




They are delicious! They are so light and fluffy, and have a great but not too sweet banana flavor!


Did you do any baking or cooking over the weekend? I would love to hear about it!





No comments:

Post a Comment